Sunday, January 24, 2016

Exploring the digital world with online teaching


                       
                                Looking for a new beginning

In todays society the educational system has advance its requirements for learning to a higher level of receiving and delivering education. Thanks to the promotion and help from the Library and Information Science  (LIS) group. Who has help educators to extend their knowledge base beyond normal classroom learning, to the online learning management system?

The educational system has expanded their pedagogy and migrated to the online environment in which universities have successfully fulfilled requirements to deliver experience for virtual classrooms.

This is where my story begins. I have always had a desire to teach online nursing and therefore pursued this vision.  I am in the last class that teaches me how to develop and produce digital content, structured for a course in which I designed.  This deals with online learning management systems (LMS) in which Web-based tools are discovered and will assist in students learning abilities from a virtual classroom setting.  This class has a serious tone to it therefore at times I felt somewhat nervous of the unknown. I question my abilities to perform and wondered if I was ready to design a digital course for students to learn from.  These thoughts take me back to the very first time I developed and wrote my first blog.
I was ecstatic and felt creative with artistic ramifications to become great. I felt even prouder when I produced my portfolio. Now I am going to challenge myself once again by submitting weekly sections of my work so my peers will critique it in which I can learn from.

The design worksheet will help to guide my innovative mind, which requires developing a syllabus with an orientation package and learning modules that will guide the students.  The students will learn from the discussion boards via student-to-student interactions. They will also learn how to blog, write in journals and utilize the necessary tools to complete their work assignments.
The digital design will allow students to understand the content from a variety of multimedia resources. This will help to collaborate a learning experience that is invigorating and allow them to enhance their knowledge base on any particular topic. Therefore I look forward in becoming apart of this great mechanism, which will help support students in achieving learning in a unique way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment